Boundary Bay 72 Street

On this Saturday afternoon I changed my routine and checked out this popular location on Boundary Bay. In spring and summer I come to this area to play golf at King's Links. The course was closed but it looked quite playable.

One of the attractions here is the good chance of seeing Short-eared Owls hunting on the foreshore, but I had no luck on this day. The birds I saw were quite common, but I took a few nice shots. The first bird was an immature Bald Eagle. It was unhappy as it had just been robbed of some food by an adult Eagle.

Bald Eagle (Imm) - 72 St Boundary Bay, Delta BC

I'm not sure if this was the thief or not...


Bald Eagle - 72 St Boundary Bay, Delta BC

Another predator in this environment is the Northern Harrier. I'm quite happy with this shot. They always look a bit line an Owl to me.

Northern Harrier - 72 St Boundary Bay, Delta BC

A common winter bird here is the White-crowned Sparrow. The brownish-red stripe on the head indicates a first-winter bird.

White-crowned Sparrow (Imm) - 72 St Boundary Bay, Delta BC

The last bird of the day was a female Red-winged Blackbird. I'm not suer what she's sitting on, perhaps a flowering thistle of some kind.

Red-winged Blackbird (F) - 72 St Boundary Bay, Delta BC

No comments:

Post a Comment