June 29 - Brunswick Point

After leaving Point Roberts, I decided to check out Brunswick Point in South Delta. The point is located just after the Westham Island turnoff at the west end of River Road in Ladner. There is a trail along the Fraser River that takes you into some good habitat.

After parking, the first bird I saw was an American Goldfinch.


American Goldfinch - Brunswick Point, Delta BC

This Cliff Swallow was taking a bath in a small puddle along the way. I was a bit surprised to see this species here.

Cliff Swallow - Brunswick Point, Delta BC

I took this shot with Nikon Coolpix, quite a different background.



A more common bird appeared on top of a bush:


Spotted Towhee - Brunswick Point, Delta BC

Another Goldfinch appeared, this one in a more scenic setting.


American Goldfinch - Brunswick Point, Delta BC

These next two shots area another "American" Bird, in this case a Robin having lunch.


American Robin - Brunswick Point, Delta BC



I then heard a bird I'd been missing so far this year, a Common Yellowthroat. They're much easier to hear than see, but this one popped up for a good photo op.

Common Yellowthroat - Brunswick Point, Delta BC - 2019 Bird #160


This was the highlight of this outing, to get this bird in the open like this.

On my way back to the car I saw this butterfly. It's quite common and is called a Painted Lady.

Painted Lady Butterfly - Brunswick Point, Delta BC

This was it for this day. Tomorrow I'd visit Reifel Bird Sanctuary to finish off June.



No comments:

Post a Comment