December 14 - Great Blue Heron Reserve - Chilliwack BC

I volunteered to drive out to Chilliwack to pick up some golf passes that our group had purchased from the Chilliwack Golf Club. The Heron Reserve is not too far from there, so I paid a visit.

I've never had a lot of luck at this location for uncommon birds, but many of the usual suspects were present today.



There were good numbers of Ducks on the ponds.


Mallard - Great Blue Heron Reserve, Chilliwack BC 

I played with the crop on this photo of a flock or Ring-necked Ducks. Interesting mix of three males with one female.


Ring-necked Ducks - Great Blue Heron Reserve, Chilliwack BC

Here's a Cormorant hanging out with the Mallards.


Double-crested Cormorant and Mallards - Great Blue Heron Reserve, Chilliwack BC

Here's a bushy looking Squirrel.


Eastern Gray Squirrel - Great Blue Heron Reserve, Chilliwack BC

I was pretty well done here, but checked out the seed feeders before leaving. There was an assortment of House Finches partaking in the Sunflower seeds. I think the bird in the right background is a Red-winged Blackbird.

House Finches - Great Blue Heron Reserve, Chilliwack BC 

This guy looks happy...

House Finches - Great Blue Heron Reserve, Chilliwack BC

And finally I saw one of the namesake birds overhead.

Great Blue Heron - Great Blue Heron Reserve, Chilliwack BC

No comments:

Post a Comment